The Primary System Design expert group is fully dedicated to the MYRRHA project and executes the design of the primary system of the future MYRRHA research reactor.
Following systems, structures and components (SSC) are involved:
- the reactor vessel and internals, including nuclear fuel design
- the LBE conditioning system
- the cover gas conditioning system
- the decay heat removal systems
- the pressure relief system
- the preheating system
The design covers all aspects such as nuclear design, mechanical design of SSC, thermohydraulic design, CFD of the LBE coolant. The group works in close cooperation with other institutes in the framework of European projects.
Head of Expert Group: Rafaël Fernandez